Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sleep

This is the most prominent thing on my mind tonight and I need to get to it soon so this maybe a bit short.

Here's a thought I have about sleep. What if we are only allowed a certain amount of waking hours in our entire life. So we can spend those waking hours however we want. So all those people who sleep now will live longer and even though I'm awake for more things things right now I'll die sooner because my waking hours quota will be filled. Then it would be safe to say that our time on earth is characterized by the experiences we are awake for. So what remains is to decide whether you want to use those experiences up earlier or later. So don't stress about not sleeping, we all have the same amount of time to be awake. Worry more about what you are doing with the time you're awake. That is up to you.

Well wasn't that a lovely hypothetical? Now....... Have a quote that might kinda contradict what I just said...


I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? 
-Ernest Hemingway







No comments:

Post a Comment