Thursday, November 15, 2012

Natstolgia

Well there are two shows left of Ah, Wilderness and it's starting to get about time to wrap it up. There comes a time in every show I've ever been in when you've lived in the character long enough and it's time to move on to the next one. Don't get me wrong I will be sad when it's over and I will go through all the stages of nostalgia and remembering all the fantastic moments that were a part of this show. But I'm looking forward to the letting go of this character and moving on to the next adventure. 

I think I'll miss this one though. Nat Miller has been an interesting character to play. I've made some discoveries about myself and how I act that I never have before. It was an exciting process that I feel could have gone a lot deeper than our show had time for. But I'm glad I got as far as I did and that by the start of the show I knew the character well enough to trust him to come out once I was onstage. Nat is definitely one of the roles I'll remember for a long time. 

But it's not over yet. Two more shows! Can't wait for tomorrow night. 

Have a quote! 

"All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists."

-Stephen Sondheim

Thanks for reading! If you have a favorite role that you'll never forget, leave a comment! 

1 comment:

  1. Eurydice. Her magical simplicity. She feels like poetry.
    Young Julia from the Dead. Playing opposite my mother.

    ReplyDelete